“Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
He’s Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Willy nilly silly old bear”
Was anyone else obsessed with Winnie the Pooh as a kid?! It was by far my favorite cartoon and with the release of the movie, Christoper Robin this summer, I knew a group costume with all our favorite characters from the 100 acre woods would be perfect for this Halloween! Last year I partnered with Primary to create two dessert inspired DIY costumes that you can see here. I have to say this is one of my favorite projects of the year. How adorable are my friends babies?! Huge thank you to Nancy Aidee Photography for letting us invade your studio and to my friends Britt, Candace, Michelle and Corley for letting me dress up your sweet babes! Keep scrolling to for directions to pull together each costume!
I cut a red t-shirt and put it over a yellow onesie. For the ears I glued two yellow pom poms onto a headband. For the honey pot I spray painted a plastic caldron from the craft store. If I would’ve had more time I would have used yellow puffy paint to make honey dripping around the edge but I was under the gun to finish the costumes for the shoot.
I put Eeyore in a grey onesie but blue would work too! For the tail I used a grey fuzzy stem and glued a triangle of black faux fur then tied a pink ribbon around the glued part. We attached his tail with a safety pink inside the onesie. I used the leftover of the grey fuzzy stem and made an oval for the ear. Then I cut a piece of light pink felt for the inside of the ear and hot glued it in place. I attached both of the ears to a black headband then glued a little piece of black faux fur in the center to look like Eeoyre’s mane.
I cut out black stripes from a piece of felt and stuck them in an orange onesie. For the tail I used a black fuzzy stem and wrapped an orange boa around it to look like tiger stripes. I found a package of stripe pom poms from Hobby Lobby so it made the ears really easy! I glued them on to an elastic.
I added a little curly tail to the back of the pink onesie with a safety pin. For the ears, I cut out the shape on pink felt and and used a darker pink paint pen to color in the inner part of the ear. Then I traced the ear shapes on the felt for the back of the ears and hot glued the front and back ear pieces to an elastic.
Thank you Primary for partnering with me on this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.